Vegetarian Recipes that Even Meat Lovers will Crave
Gone are the days where vegetarian meals are bland and lacking protein. We have put together our three favourite vegetarian recipes that are bursting with flavour and are sure to deliver the protein you need to conquer your day! So whether you are looking to cook for someone with dietary restrictions, or simply want to change it up in the kitchen these recipes are sure to cause even meat lovers to salivate!
1.Apple Cinnamon Quinoa:
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 cup warm milk or milk alternative
- 1 gala apple sliced
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- In a small saucepan combine the quinoa, cinnamon, and vanilla and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce hit to a simmer and cover. Let cook for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy
- Divide the cooked quinoa between four bowls and stir in applesauce and raisins.
- Pour in the warm milk and top with apples, pecans, and a dash of cinnamon.
2.Broccoli Potato Casserole:
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped (around 2 heads)
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 2/3 cups sour cream
- 3 ounces bacon pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and scrub potatoes before piercing them with a fork and tightly wrapping each in foil.
- On a baking tray bake the potatoes for 1 hour or until tender.
- Around 10 minutes before the potatoes have finished baking, fill a medium saucepan ¾ of the way up and bring to a boul. Add broccoli and boil for 5 minutes. Drain broccoli and put aside
- Carefully remove potatoes from foil and place in a large bowl and chop coarsely.
- Add butter, salt, and pepper. Stir with a large spoon, until the butter has completely melted.
- Add sour cream, bacon, chives, and cheese. Stir until combined.
- Add cooked broccoli florets and stir
- Using a spatula transfer into a casserole dish that has been treated with cooking spray. Cover with foil and cook for 15 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4-6 eggs
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 feta cheese block
- Heat up olive oil in a pan
- Saute the onions until they are clear and tender
- Add the diced tomatoes and fetta in the pan.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and allow to cook. Alternatively you can begin to scramble the eggs before adding died tomatoes and fetta.
- Serve immediately with bread.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.