Three Easy Appetizers Perfect for New Years EveNew Years is just around the corner, and what better way to mark the end of 2018 than to enjoy some great finger food with friends. Here are our favourite New Years appetizers that will ensure no one starts the year off hungry!
1.Basil Pesto with Almonds
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Blend the basil, almonds, parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper for about 15 seconds
- Turn the food processor or blender on and slowly add the olive oil until well combined
- Serve with crackers, and store in the refrigerator.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1, 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 cup basil, cut into strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a medium bowl mix, mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and onion.
- Mix in artichoke hearts, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Transfer to a shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly brown on top
3.Tomato and Ricotta BruschettaIngredients:
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced in medium sized pieces
- 1 1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tbs fresh basil, cut into strips 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8-10 slices crusty bread
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine ricotta, basil, garlic salt and red pepper flakes.
- Toast 8-10 slices of bread, then add a layer of ricotta cheese and then tomatoes. Serve at room temperature.