How to prepare a 3 Course Fondue Dinner
Did you forget to make reservations for valentines day? Or maybe you just want to spend the night cooking at home! In either case, a three-course fondue dinner is a unique and memorable meal that is easy to make
Course 1: Cheese Fondue
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 8 ounces Gruyere cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces Emmenthaler cheese, cubed
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
Our favourite dippings:
- Sourdough bread cubes
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, heat the wine, cream, flour, mustard, and garlic. Allow the mixture to boil then lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until it has thickened slightly.
- Gradually stir in the cheese and season with a pinch of pepper. It is important to use low heat to prevent the cheese from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Once the cheese has melted fully transfer to the fondue pot.
Course 2: Meat Fondue
- Prepare your desired sauces (our favourite recipes are below) and put in small bowls on the table, along with the meat. Beef is an excellent option as you don't need to worry as much about cook times and it tastes incredible! Other options include shrimp, vegetables, tofu, pork, and pretty much any of your favourite meats!
- Just before you begin eating fill the fondue pot half-full with vegetable oil and heat on the stove until it is hot, but avoid heating it to the point that it is smoking. The ideal temperature is 190º C if you have a thermometer, at this temperature bread browns in about 30 seconds and is a good indicator if you don't have a thermometer.
- Using oven mitts carefully place the pot on the stand and light the burner. If the temperature is correct, it should take 25-30 seconds for rare, 30-35 seconds for medium and 45-60 seconds for well done.
Our Favourite Sauces:
- A handful of parsley, basil, mint, coriander, and tarragon.
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 anchovies
- 1 clove garlic
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 clove garlic pressed.
- Mix all of the ingredients until evenly distributed
- Chill until ready to serve.
Course 3: Chocolate fondue
- 10 ounces Toblerone chocolate
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Our favourite Dippings:
- Place approximately 4 inches of water in a saucepan and bring to a light boil. Place a mixing bowl in the water add in the milk.
- Once it feels hot add small pieces of chocolate and stir until fully melted and combined. Add the vanilla and whisk.
- Pour in the fondue pot and light the burner, keep the flame low to prevent burning.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.